Thursday, November 6, 2008

we can and we did!

Yay!!!!!!!! Congratulations on our new president!!!! I can finally, finally, finally say I am proud to be an American after all these years!

I watched election coverage for a good chunk of the day Wednesday in Rakiraki with a bunch of other volunteers. It was exciting. I cried, a lot. How amazing. I know I had my HRC days but all in all, I'm happy with Obama. Wisconsin, you rock for going 56% Obama and taking back the house and senate! (Shouldn't it have been higher, though?? And thank heavens Gard was not elected... maybe there isn't room for bigotry in northern Wisco) Scary thing is looking at the popular vote: it was only 51% Obama, 47% McCain. That's too close for comfort. But still! Change is in the air...

Tomorrow, Saturday, I'm moving to my new village on Vanua Levu, the other big island. I'm extremely excited but have no other information other than I am replacing another Volunteer who left in October and he had a really cool traditional bure (house). More to come later, but I might not be online much for awhile.

1 comment:

José Segura Sola said...

Espero que Obama lo haga muy bien. Viva Obama. Saludos desde España