Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just a little update...
I'm still in Suva, still reading a lot and spending lots of money I don't really have. I finished "What is the What" by Dave Eggers and I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. Another powerful book highlighting injustices of the world, this time in Sudan. It makes you realize how complicated the world is and how little we pay attention to the plight of others the world over. And how little the US government actually does to prevent potential/ future worldwide disasters before exacerbating them. I am speaking, of course, about Osama bin Laden/terrorism. I'm not saying that the US could have prevented civil war in southern Sudan, but our government certainly didn't help matters or heed warning signs. Mind you, civil war in Sudan started in the 80's so I'm not surprised seeing as Reagan didn't really care about anyone except rich white straight capitalists.

I digress... I also saw the new Guy Ritchie movie, "Rock 'n Rolla," last week. I really liked it but it was slightly different while being very similar to every other Guy Ritchie movie. Eh, it wasn't about terrorism or Iraq so it was good :) A very cool movie...

I should be getting my new site placement soon! It looks like I'll be moving up north to the island of Vanua Levu.

If you don't vote for Barack Obama, I'm never coming back. Please please please with every ounce of your soul and heart, pray, wish, beg, light a candle, send an ESP message, do whatever you need to do to get him elected!

Thanks so much for the well wishes during this difficult time for me! Soon I'll have a new village and will stay there, in the bush, growing my dalo and cassava. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: