Tuesday, March 10, 2009

short

Fiji is a constant surprise, both good and bad. It was a funny scene this morning on the bus when two women from my village tried passing a box of tea to another woman in another village. The bus was moving, mind you, when the box of tea was flung out the window and the women were yelling to a kid about who to give the tea to. Lets hope the tea made it there, but I'm a little skeptical it's not stuck in a ditch somewhere.

It's so hot, I don't even have words to describe it. I hope next year I'll be better accustomed to the heat but do you ever get used to this?

We just wrote a five year action plan for the village. Can you believe it???

I visited a village in the mountains yesterday. Sooooooooo beautiful!! Everything's so lush and green. And of course it included crossing rivers/ ditches on a 2x2 piece of wood or a bent coconut trunk and, surprise!, swimming across a dirty river/pond/stream/mangrove stand.

No comments: