Thursday, August 6, 2009

welcome to.... thailand!

Just saw the headline: hurray for Sotomayer!!!!! Makes me very happy.

In other news, I'm in Bangkok. BANGKOK! Crazy, huh? That's the first word to describe the city: crazy. Lots of cars- mad cars! Lots of little vehicles and people in masks and a mish mash of architecture. Lots of beautiful ornate gold temples and signs with altars to different people. Lots of markets, stands, signs, billboards, flowers, and colors.

My hotel is very cool. Very "hippie"ish and relaxing. I have a teeny tiny room, but I'm only there for sleeping so no worries.

It's hot. Mad hot. Makes Fiji feel like winter in Wisconsin. Well, that's a litte exaggeration but it is really humid here. Really really. And no sun. Lots of air pollution. Okay, I'm going to go eat some pat thai and gain more weight because I didn't gain enough kilos in Wisconsin!

I'm still waiting for someone to wake me up from this year-plus long dream. Am I really in Thailand???

1 comment:

auntie lani said...

Hope you are enjoying your visit to Thailand. We are having extreme heat and humidity here, like what you are experiencing there. Can not wait to hear all about Thailand and see pictures. Was so glad we had the chance to visit during your time back home. Stay safe during your travels. Love to you..Auntie Lani