Tuesday, September 16, 2008

pictures



















I'm not really sure what's going on with the formatting here, but here are some pictures...

We have some of the men building my kitchen, made from bamboo, which you can see being made for the floor (surprisingly soft!). We have my neighbors, Amelia and Timoci giving me moli, little citrus fruits. Kids playing in the rain. Some of the kindergardeners and their teacher in front of their school. me with some elders and the cutest, most well behaved little baby named Tevita. Fridays are the youth days and here are pictures of the gang and me with them. My garden, which has really taken off! I have cucumbers, long beans, french beans, eggplant, carrots, and Chinese cabbage. Group of women during our village's celebration last week.
Some day I'll write about my adventures in the bush the last two days. Here's a little taste: hiking barefoot through the rainforest and slaughtering and eating wild cow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You slaughtered and ate a cow? Oh, look, there goes a flying pig.

Morgan said...

What is on your head?

Taylar said...

Kelsey: see the most recent post. Believe it.

Morgan: that's my sulu vakatoga. I have to where it in the village but don't have to wear it in the bush. We tie them around our heads to avoid the heat and soak up the sweat.